Did you know more than 2 million people suffer from fragrance sensitivity? For many people, signs of fragrance sensitivity can cause hives and rashes, headaches, nausea, dizziness, sore throats, watery eyes, sneezing and more. Fortunately, more products are available without added fragrance, including fragrance-free makeup.
If you have any type of fragrance sensitivity, you’re probably quite careful about the types of products you use. You might have noticed fragrance-free and scent-free are not synonymous.
Fragrance-free doesn’t mean the product will not have a scent, it simply means no artificial fragrances are used. For instance, our products do not contain artificial fragrances, but some of our natural ingredients do cause the products to have a light scent.
While people certainly can be allergic or sensitive to natural ingredients, artificial fragrances tend to be more irritating to the skin. We are exposed to many chemicals on a daily basis, it might be better to opt for fragrance-free makeup and skin care products for our health.
How To Shop “Fragrance-Free”
When you check the ingredients on your makeup and skin care label, the terms can seem too scientific and intimidating, but it’s crucial you check the labels carefully. If you see the word “fragrance,” this means an artificial substance or substances were used in the product.
Discover our solution to fragrance-free makeup and skincare with Eco-Fragrance, a natural alternative using essential oils and plant extracts.
The eco-fragrance used for the 4 products are…
Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil
Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil
Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang) Flower Oil
Citrus Aurantium Bergamia Fruit Oil | Bergamot Fruit Oil
- Origin: Bergamot fruit oil is extracted from the rind of citrus fruit (Citrus bergamia) growing on bergamot orange trees.
- Characteristics: It is suggested Bergamot fruit oil helps to promote youthful skin. Bergamot has antibacterial, antiseptic, and antibiotic properties. It helps remove bacteria from skin. It is known for its ability to evenly distribute the pigments on your skin to even out your complexion.
- Experience: Sweet, citric fragrance with spicy undertones.
- Benefits: Used to eliminate noticeable scars from acne.
Citrus Aurantium Dulcis Oil | Orange Oil
- Origin: Orange oil is extracted from Citrus aurantium dulcis (sweet orange), also known as Citrus sinensis.
- Characteristics: It’s known for its anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties, it also inhibits melanin production.
- Experience: Uplifting, fresh tangy aroma.
- Benefits: Contains alpha hydroxy acids, which helps stimulate cell growth and keep skin firm.
Cananga Odorata Flower Oil | Ylang Ylang Oil
- Origin: Ylang Ylang oil is sourced from the flower of Cananga odorata and called the “flower of flowers”.
- Characteristics: Ylang Ylang flower is called the “flower of flowers” due to producing one of the most powerful essential oils. It is known to balance and regulate oil production in the skin, while soothing inflammation and irritation.
- Experience: Sensual, exotic floral scent.
- Benefits: The antioxidant properties help purify, protect and heal the skin. It is known to balance and regulate oil production in the skin, while soothing inflammation and irritation.
As with all products, there’s always a chance some of you might experience a reaction to certain ingredients. Read the ingredients on the label carefully. If you spot an ingredient you might be sensitive or allergic to, then skip the product. Your health is much more important! We list all of the ingredients on each of the product’s pages on our website, under “Ingredients” as well as on the packaging.
Where To Find CLE Cosmetics
All of our fragrance-free makeup and skincare are available online and some retailers. For more information about our stockist, please click here.
Click on theShoptab and take a look at each of our individual products, great for those with sensitive skin and fragrance sensitivity!